Thursday, April 12, 2007

Done with Winter?

Depending on your location, you either got a lot of snow yesterday, or hardly any. Here in La Farge, I figure we received around 6 or 7 inches, which is surprisingly high considering how much melting occurred during the storm. Most valley locations saw three inches or less, while higher elevations got as much as 6 to 9 inches. The melting has continued today, and the snow will probably be gone by the end of the weekend.

Hopefully this was winter's last gasp. I am most definitely ready for some warmer temperatures and sunshine. Fortunately, little precipitation is in the forecast for the next several days, and temperatures may warm into the 60s by next week. I'd like to say we are done with winter, but I also remember that it snowed in May the last two years.

Today was the day for the annual statewide tornado drill. This is the first time I can recall snow being on the ground at the same time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home